Priyaz Creations

Priyaz Creations

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Quilled Project 2: My First Quilling Artwork Made On Order

For this I have to thank my beautiful, intelligent, energetic, weird and crazy buddy, Gunjan!!! She was looking for something to gift to her soon-to-be sister-in-law and asked me to create something for her. Of all the options available to her, she chose me to become my first customer and so gave me the opportunity to create something as a professional artist!!!

Since her soon-to-be sister-in-law was married and have two cute boys, I thought the best gift for her will be something which will always remind her and make her proud of her motherhood. It were the name of her two kids, Soumil and Soumitr. Since both are young boys, I wanted to have an outdoors-y look, like a playground or open area like park where kids play sports like football, basketball etc. So this is what I made:


Without frame

Without frame


After framing

After framing
Here is a closer look at it's different elements:



This peacock feather was result of  an after-thought. Before I made this peacock feather, the artwork looked incomplete and I was contemplating as to what other element should I add which goes along with the theme. I thought about making a guitar. But, like on so many other occasions, the idea bulb in my head switched on and I remembered Gunjan telling me kid's complete names. Their names are Soumil Krishna and Soumitr Krishna. So what better to represent "Krishna" than a beautiful peacock feather. It was a little difficult element for me to imagine and make. The one I used was my second attempt, exactly like I wanted it to be. First one was not being to my liking. (BTW I HAVE A THING FOR PEACOCK FEATHERS, IT ALWAYS ENTICES ME)


This tree alone took 2 days for me to complete, with lots of times my mind going blank and as usual my Maa coming to my rescue with her ideas . But I am so happy with it!

I can never forget the look of awe and appreciation for me in Gunjan's in-laws eyes when she presented this to them. It was beautiful experience for me.

Thank you Gunjan for believing in me and encouraging me as always!

It will be wrong if I don't say how much my Maa supports me. Gunjan's marriage was in second week of December 2014, so I had to complete it before that. Unfortunately my Maa met with a small accident and broke her right wrist, so that left me with almost without much time to give to this project. It took me a week to complete it. But even with her fractured wrist, Maa kept on doing small household chores and errands herself, even sometimes attempting to make lunch or dinner so that I may get little more free time to devote to this project. Of course, she got good scolding from me everytime she did something like this. :-) It's been years but my Maa continues to amaze me with her caliber and stamina! Hats off to her!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say.. this is by far your best creation. Love the amalgamation of cooiurs and ideas. The peacock feather shows the brilliance of your head. It stays put on their wall and makes me feel glad for have chosen your work for them. Thank you Pinka!!!

    ReplyDelete